The Emmentaler Ueli Kipfer, born 30 December 1974, has been fanatical about music since a young age. Today he is one of the great Swiss soloists on the Euphonium. He commits himself with unshakeable idealism for the music. He is an ambassador of the Swiss instruments Willson.
Studies of music at the conservatory Bern with the main subjects:
- Euphonium with James Gourlay GB (Diploma January 1998)
- Conducting wind music with Hans-Peter Blaser CH (Diploma January 1999
- Concert diploma (higher education) with Roger Bobo USA (Diploma June 2001)
- 2001-02 at the Institute Superiore Bandistico European in Trento (I)
- Euphonium specialist course in the class of Steven Mead.
- Master courses and conducting lessons with, amongst others, Silvia Caduff, Alfred Reed and Jan Cober
His biggest successes as a soloist were:
Several 1. prizes at Swiss soloist competions.
Euphonium soloist of the Nationalen Jugend Brass Band NJBB A-Band 1991-1995
Euphonium soloist of the Brass Band Berner Oberland BBO 1997-2002
European Brass Solo Championships in Montreux 2001, 1. prize in the Euphonium category. Awarded „Best Euphonium Player“ and winner of the final of the category best.
Soloist euphonist in the Symphonic wind orchestra of the Swiss Army 1995 – 2004
Conductor of the Brass Band Oberschwaben-Allgäu and the music society Konkordia Reinach.
Guest conductor in wind instruments orchestras and brass bands of all levels.
Working internationally as a Euphonium soloist, lecturer, conductor and jury member.
Music teacher at the conservatories in Bern and Oberemmental
Artistic director of the Jungfrau Music Festivals. www.jungfrau-music-festival.ch
Trainer of conductors, president of WASBE Schweiz. www.wasbe.ch
He is an ambassador of the Swiss Instruments company WILLSON.
Ueli only plays the Willson 2900TA or Willson 2960 TA Euphonium
For further information visit www.uelikipfer.ch